Saturday, February 23, 2013

Product Review: Clover Knitting Counter


Product
Clover Kacha-Kacha Knitting Stitch / Row Counter

In Short - Great to Have / Wish List!
I am never a fancy gadget type of person. I actually surprised myself when I find that I have fallen for this contraption. While I originally hesitated for 2-3 weeks before buying this over the traditional dial, I now will not give a second thought if I have to buy a counter again. Well, I suppose I can afford an extra $2.5 every now and then for something fancy!

Cost
$4.35 at Joann with 50% Off Coupon



Pros
  1. The top punching button is large, loud and clear. It reduces my forever second doubt of... OK, did I register this one row that I just finished? I end up counting rows over and over again with the traditional dials because I have a habit of watching TV while knitting and it gets really foggy after a while whether I have forgotten to turn the dial before I turn the piece around for a second row. With this loud and nice "kacha" button, even my husband can sometimes tell me whether I did it.
  2. So much easier to just "kacha!" when you finish a row then dropping everything and use both hands to carefully turn the dial of a traditional counter.
  3. This sounds silly but there is really a satisfaction to hear that sound when I punch the button. "There goes another row!"
  4. Simply looks and feels too cool!
Cons
  1. About 2.5 time more expensive than the Basic Manual Mini Mashmallow Counter.
  2. There is no reset button. When you finish counting one section, you need to manual turn the dial for each digit to go back to 0 before starting another section count.
Suggestion
  1. For a long while, I have dismissed the use of stitch / row counter altogether. I simply pick up a pencil and mark an "I" on a piece of paper as I go. It works, although not without some hassle. Then I come across an old counting dial in my mother-in-law's craft box and thought, if a cheap counter can make things slightly easier - not having to carry around paper and pencil, and then the paper gets really crumbled after a while - why not? That's when I set out to buy one. Whichever type and style you choose to buy is a whole different matter, but some times, some things are invented to make life easier; some things are invented to make life happier! So ladies, whatever it is that you're struggling between buying and not buying, or which one to buy due to cost, you got to spice up your day every now and then if you can afford it!
Other Stitch / Row Counter Ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment